Free School Meals and Pupil Premium

Free School Meals

You will be able to apply for free school meals and/or pupil premium for your child if you or your partner receive one or more of the following benefits: 

  • Universal Credit – if your net earned income is less than £7,400
  • Income Support
  • Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
  • Employment and Support Allowance
  • The guaranteed part of State Pension Credit
  • Support under part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
  • Child Tax Credit (providing you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190, as assessed by the Inland Revenue)
  • Working Tax Credit run-on (paid 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)

Children who are 16-18 and still at school are also entitled to free school meals. 

How do I apply?

Calderdale Council has an application form which is straightforward to complete. You will need to provide the following information:

  • Name
  • Address
  • National Insurance Number
  • Date of Birth
  • Daytime telephone number
  • Email address

Calderdale’s Free School Meals application form is online:

Ofsted Good Provider