Free School Meals and Pupil Premium
The document below provides a summary of how our Pupil Premium funding is invested:
Free School Meals
You will be able to apply for free school meals and/or pupil premium for your child if you or your partner receive one or more of the following benefits:
- Universal Credit – if your net earned income is less than £7,400
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Employment and Support Allowance
- The guaranteed part of State Pension Credit
- Support under part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit (providing you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190, as assessed by the Inland Revenue)
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
Children who are 16-18 and still at school are also entitled to free school meals.
How do I apply?
Calderdale Council has an application form which is straightforward to complete.
You will need to provide the following information:
- National Insurance Number
- Date of Birth
- Daytime telephone number
- Email address
Calderdale’s Free School Meals application form is online: